Arturia Oberheim SEM V
Virtual Instrumen Synthesizer Modeled after the Oberheim SEM – RTAS, VST, AU, AXX, (Mac/PC)
- Make Offer
- Reviews (0)
- In Depth
Arturia’s Oberheim SEM V synthesizer virtual instrument delivers the sound and the feel of the original Oberheim SEM Synthesizer Expansion Module straight to your favorite DAW! Powered by Arutria’s impressive TAE technology, Oberheim SEM V provides you with a sonically spot-on version of this classic analog synth. Not only does the Oberheim SEM V virtual instrument give you the same fat basses and sweeping leads that inspired artists and producers, including Goldfrapp, Herbie Hancock, John Carpenter, and many more, it includes many of Arturia’s special touches, such as polyphony and 8-voice multitimbrality, effects, and much more. Experience a classic analog synthesizer in a whole new way with Arturia’s Oberheim SEM V virtual instrument!
A synth nut’s sonic playground
Whether you were born with an oscillator control knob in your fingers or you’re new to the tone-tweaking world of synthesis, Arturia’s Oberheim SEM V is sure to provide you with countless hours of pure synth-inspired bliss. The range of synthesizer tones Oberheim SEM V adds to your virtual instrument rig is amazing. SImple, hands-on, analog-style controls let you tweak a full complement of parameters, including oscillators, envelopes, and LFOs – all with truly satisfying results. Once you start tweaking knobs, there’s no telling what fun and exciting sounds you’ll discover.
- Selection Required: Select product options above before making new offer.
- Error: There was an error sending your offer, please try again. If this problem persists, please contact us.
Spot-on recreation of the original SEM
The central section of the Oberheim SEM V virtual instrument is a dead-to-rights model of Tom Oberheim’s classic SEM. The recreation goes far deeper than just the graphics – we’re talking about a the very interaction between each component of the SEM analog synthesis architecture. Side-by-side, even a synth guru with decades of experience would have a hard time telling the sound of an original SEM and Arturia’s Oberheim SEM V soft synth apart… that is, until you get to the incredible extras Arturia added to their version of the SEM.
Loaded with Arturia-exclusive extras
Arturia’s Oberheim SEM V comes loaded with amazing bonus components never found on a classic Oberheim SEM. A second LFO, a sub-octave generator, and a white noise generator expand the SEM’s core synthesis base, whereas built-in overdrive, chorus, and delay effects let you add unprecedented depth and dimension to your sound. Arturia also gave the Oberheim SEM V portamento control and a built-in arpeggiator, so you can dial in anything from gliding leads to percussive patterns. And then there are the three exclusive modules, including Keyboard Follow, Voice Programmer, and Modulation Matrix, each of which let you take hold of advanced performance controls. It’s like having a whole rack full of SEMs, plus an room full of CV-manipulation gear. Prepare to totally geek out on this awesome virtual synth!
- A virtual version of one of the world’s most beloved analog synthesizers, loaded with killer extras
- Core sounds and functions feature a spot-on emulation of Tom Oberheim’s SEM (Synthesizer Expander Module) analog synth
- High-end physical modeling powered by Arturia’s exclusive TAE technology gives you extremely realistic analog sound
- Adds polyphonic, 8-voice multitimbral operation to the traditional monophonic SEM tone
- Includes all of the Oberheim SEM’s original parameters, including 2 x oscillators (sawtooth/variable-width pulse wave with PWM), sine wave LFO, 12dB/octave multi-mode filter, and two ADS envelopes
- Extra tone modules add a sub-octave generator and a white noise generator to your sonic pallet
- Second LFO gives you even more modulation you can use to shape your tone
- Portamento and arpeggiator let you add glide and motion to your performance
- Onboard professional, analog-style effects including overdrive, delay, and chorus give you more tone-shaping tools
- Advanced Keyboard Follow module lets you draw modulation curves on the fly for up to 6 parameters
- Voice Programmer module lets you combine and manipulate each of the Oberheim SEM V’s 8 voices dynamically
- Modulation Matrix module offers 8 simultaneous modulations, which you can set between 8 different sources and more than 25 destinations
- Works in Standalone, VST 2.4 & 3, 64 bit & 32 bit, RTAS and AU 32 & 64 bit formats
- Compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.5 or higher, Intel only)