- Make Offer
- Reviews (0)
- In Depth
In partnership with Bob Moog, we decided to reproduce the legendary interface with the same look and feel than the original because of its particular “mood”, and because many musicians wish to use the same interface they used in the past. But the reproduction of this synthesizer does not stop to the look and feel, we also recreated its inside characteristics.
A good thing made better
Mini V has kept all of the original characteristics of its award-winning previous versions. Mini V version 3 updates the
filter design to make it even more accurate than ever. Powerful and rich
bass, faithfully reproduced free-running waveforms thanks to new
advances in our long proven TAE technology.
- Selection Required: Select product options above before making new offer.
- Error: There was an error sending your offer, please try again. If this problem persists, please contact us.
A Sonic Expansion
But we’re not resting on our laurels. The Mini V3 has an added advanced automation mode, allowing you to record realtime changes on up to four parameters of your choice. The new vocal filter expands sonic possibilities with a formant-analysis based effect: now you can make that Moog talk! The modulation matrix has been dramatically improved, with new sample and hold inputs as well as added destinations. And with SoundMap, our revolutionary new preset navigator, explore different presets by group or morph between them by clicking anywhere on the map, to get that perfect vintage sound.
What we added
Making perfection better
While we were carefully modeling the characteristics of the sound, we also added some very imaginative options throughout the synth engine. To use the modulation matrix as an example, the Vocal Filter X and Y axes are available as independent destinations. There are two sources based on the Sample & Hold output, and you can even use an audio track from your DAW as a source. Another example: you can use the voice number itself as a discrete source when in polyphonic mode, which can be a very interesting way to control a parameter.
What we added
- Delay & chorus: simple parameters, but rich sound. The chorus was carefully engineered to have a “creamy” sound without blurring the natural attack transients of the synthesizer.
- Modulation matrix: provides up to 8 modulation routings constructed from your choice of 15 sources and 35 destinations.
- LFO: an extra oscillator is available for modulation purposes. This frees the third oscillator to add further depth to the sound or be available as an independent source in the modulation matrix.
- Arpeggiator: hold a note or chord on your keyboard and they will repeat while playing arpeggios and transposing according to the settings you select.
- PWM: The pulse width of any oscillator waveform can be modulated through the modulation matrix. This feature is unique to mini V, and allows you to make sounds that were impossible on the original synth.
What you can do with the Mini V
You can make an insane range of sounds with mini V. Of course it is particularly adept at bass and lead sounds. And pads. And effects. And, well, everything.
But if you ask owners of the original synth what sort of sound is its specialty, almost every single one would say “Bass!” And naturally it’s used for bass and lead sounds since it is monophonic. But there’s another reason: its simple but efficient voice architecture, the specific shape of the filter, the characteristics of oscillators and the soft-clipping output stage give the original synth a warm and unique sound. And Mini V reproduces this sound exactly, so it also excels at powerful, fat basses and lead instruments.
Simple bass sound example – Mini V sawtooth waveform
The lead sounds are also as clear and full as on the original, with the same glide and that very particular envelope response which makes each sound more playable.
But there’s more! With polyphonic capability, an arpeggiator, the modulation matrix and the effects, you can make an incredible array of sounds while still enjoying the simple layout and true character of the original voice architecture.
Inserting a mini V sound into your mix is quick and easy. You can pick any one of over 1,000 presets, made by renowned sound designers, and begin to play. All parameters are directly accessible, so you can tweak the sound easily to fit your song.
- All the parameters of the original Mini V
- 3 voltage controlled oscillators with 5 waveforms
- 1 amazing 24 dB/octave filter
- 2 ADSR envelopes
- LFO with 7 waveforms
- 1 Noise Generator
- 1 VCA
- 1 Mixer
- 1 external audio input and 1 external oscillator and filter modulation input
- Modulation matrix with up to 8 connections (15 sources and 35 destinations)
- Vocal Filter: a fully automatable, formant-based effect with its own LFO
- Up to 32 voices of polyphony
- Unison mode option
- More than 450 presets created by an international team of top-notch sound designers
- Stereo effects: chorus and delay
- Soft clipping function
- Advanced automation mode