Tone2 Gladiator 3 Synthesizer
Harmonic Content Morphing Synthesizer with 18 Oscillators – Mac/Win, Standalone, VST, AU
- Reviews (0)
Gladiator 3 opens the doors to a new sound generation. The unique synthesis technology “HCM” opens up comprehensive listening experiences, its design and the incomparable sound variety make Gladiator not only a great instrument, but also a must-have synthesizer for anyone looking for the ultimate creative tool.
- Innovative, new synthesis method (HCM™)
- Unique sounds which no other synthesizer can create
- Huge sonic range
- High-end quality: Warm, crystal clear & rich sound
- One of the most successful software synthesizers
- Has been used in a vast number of movies and chart hits
- Different synthesis methods can be combined freely
- 40 filter types and 37 effects are included
- Boundless possibilities
- Psychoacoustic processing
- Low CPU and high reliability
- Over 1200 sounds from professionals
- Handbook in 5 languages
- Good value for money
- Flexibility, expandability
Gladiator is a very powerful synthesizer, which supports an exhaustive list of synthesis methods. Most synthesis types can be combined freely to create new and exciting sounds. Synthesis types supported by Gladiator are:
- Tone2’s exclusive Harmonic-Content-Morphing™ (HCM)
- Frequency Modulation (FM)
- Pulse Width Modulation (PWM)
- Re-synthesized instruments
- Vocoder sounds
- Oscillator Sync
- Phase Distortion
- Amplitude Modulation (AM)
- Phase Modulation (PM)
- Additive spectra
- Sampled noises and plucks
How does HCM-synthesis work?
The award-winning HCM-synthesis is exclusive to Gladiator and not available from any other company. It is based on a wide range of exciting waveforms, wavetables, resynthesized samples, voices and natural sounds. The harmonic structure can be modified with 10 modules and 132 different algorithms to alter the sound. A powerful randomize-function allows the creation of an unlimited number of musically useful and unheard sounds with a single mouse-click!
Gladiator supports up to 18 oscillators per voice with stacking, 4x stereo unison and crystal clear sound-quality.
Gladiator ships with an inspiring library of over 1200 outstanding presets from professional sound-designers. A variety of expansions is available to extend Gladiator’s features and preset library. All sounds are arranged into categories for a quick and easy access to the sound you need.
The filter section comes with top-quality stereo-filters. Many of them are exclusive to Tone2 products. Gladiator ships with 40 different filter types: Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Vocals, Comb, EQ, FM, AM, Phaser, Re-sample, Analog, …
Gladiator comes with an impressive selection of stereo effects. 37 different units are included, all carefully crafted to offer the highest quality possible, such as Reverbs, Delays, Flanger, Phaser, Chorus, Ensemble, Rotary, Bitcrusher, Talkbox, Ringmod, Dolby Prologic II surround encoding, Waveshaper, Pingpong, Filters and so on.
Gladiator has a powerful, user-friendly and flexible modulation section. Four fast envelopes add punch to your sounds. There are 22 different LFOs available, which can be synced to your track’s BPM-rate. The Step LFO’s design was inspired by step-sequencers and can be used to create rhythmic sequences and trance-gates.
A special post-processing module in Gladiator mimics the workings of the human ear. It creates deeper basses and adds transparency.
The innovative phase-modifier in the oscillator-section is based on the latest discoveries in phonetic science. It makes a digital waveform sound warm, silky or punchy.
Gladiator offers several micro-tuning modes, which make chords sound more harmonic, fat and transparent.
- IMPORT SAMPLE->’Resynthesis smart pitch snap’ drastically enhances the sound quality of the resynthesis function. You can select a WAV file and it automatically creates a synthesizer patch which syncs to BPM.
- IMPORT SAMPLE->’Resynthesis of melody’ is a new feature. It can import complete phrases or melodies in WAV format. It automatically programs a patch that sounds very similar to the original. It reprograms the melody in the arpeggiator. Furthermore, it creates a wavetable with the harmonic content of the patch. The patches can further be tweaked, time stretched or modified.
- IMPORT SAMPLE->’Resynthesis with dynamic pitch’ can import a wave. It automatically creates a patch which sounds similar to the original one. This mode does analyze the pitch information of the patch and programs the STEP LFO with a pitch envelope.
- IMPORT SAMPLE->’Beat slice drumloop’ cuts a sample into 16 or 32 waveforms and creates a patch with plays a BPM synced loop.
- New effect: ‘Reverb Gated’ which syncs to the BPM rate. It works best for drum sounds or arpeggiators.
- New effect: ‘Reverb Gated Echo’ is Gated Reverb with a delay which syncs to BPM.
- New effect: ‘Reverb Reverse’ which syncs to the BPM rate.
- New effect: ‘Reverb Decay’ which syncs to the BPM rate.
- The patch browser shows a scrollbar if more than 26 categories exist.
- ‘Shift notes up’ shifts the notes in the arpeggiator one halftone up.
- ‘Shift notes down’ shifts the notes in the arpeggiator one halftone down.
- ‘Rotate 1 slot left’ rotates the notes in the arpeggiator.
- ‘Rotate 1 slot right’ rotates the notes in the arpeggiator.
- The morph knob now shows the number of quantized steps.
- The wavetable editor shows a large slider with a grid if modifiers with ‘value’ are edited.
- Osc->Tool ‘Resynthesis smart snap’.
- Wavetable editor->Spectrum->’Sort by brightness’ sorts waveforms by their harmonic content. It can be used to create wobbles.
- Wavetable editor->Resynthesis->’Resynthesis smart snap’.
- Wavetable editor->Mix->’Fade in’.
- Wavetable editor->Mix->’Fade out’.
- Wavetable editor->Phase->’Rotate’ shifts the phase of all selected waveforms.
- Added some tooltips to the wavetable editor.
- Create a random arpeggiator pattern with TOOL->’Init random octaves’.
- Create a random arpeggiator pattern with fifths with TOOL->’Init random fifths’.
- Create a random arpeggiator pattern with a random interval with TOOL->’Init random interval’.
- 52 additional patches.
PC: Windows XP / 7 / 8 / 10 / Vista (32 bit or 64 bit)
PC formats: 32-bit VSTi, 64-bit VSTi, standalone
Mac: Mac OSX 10.5 or higher
Mac formats: 32-bit VSTi, 64-bit VSTi, 32-bit Audiounit, 64-bit Audiounit