Softube Valley People Dyna-mite
Modeled Valley People Dyna-mite Multi-Dynamics Processer with Dyna-mite Slam, and Dyna-mite Gate – Mac/PC VST, AU, RTAS
- Reviews (0)
A secret weapon to some, hidden treasure to the rest. Squash drums, get a snappy bassline, enhance track dynamics, duck, gate, key or de-ess. The Valley People Dyna-mite is a Swiss army knife limiter/expander design with unique character that inspires to new sounds.
Now it’s more versatile and easier to use than ever. Adding two hyper-focused plug-ins based on the same sound, we’ve boiled it down into a simple, modern package. Meet Dyna-mite Slam, and Dyna-mite Gate!
Paul Buff built custom gear for Frank Zappa. Need we say more? The cool factor is tangible. By the time he patented his TA-101 VCA (‘The Electronic Gain Control Device’ – the heart of the Dyna-mite) in 1980, his reputation was already unimpeachable.
The Dyna-mite is essentially a limiter or an expander, but through a sophisticated combination of switch positions, it is capable of more or less any manipulation of dynamics from gating to RMS compression, from keying and ducking to ridiculously extreme levelling.
Now, however, you can find all of these magical sonic combinations easily with the two new plug-ins, Slam and Gate. Slam takes care of all of the downward stuff – the compression and limiting – in as close to a one-knob format as Dyna-mite could ever become, while Gate deals with the upward operations – the gating and expanding. You can control bleed in a subtle manner, add punch to a snare, crush a rock vocal into submission, or duck a synth bass around a kick. And you don’t even really need to read the manual.
- Three plug-ins in one – the original Dyna-mite, plus focused ‘Slam’ & ‘Gate’ plug-ins
- Limiting: Peak and average limiting, incl. negative ratio (-20:1) limiting and detector HF filtering (for De-Essing purposes).
- Expanding: Hard or soft with extreme gate settings and detector HF filtering.
- Ducking or Keying modes with external side chain.
- Release ranging from 0.05 to 5 sec/20 dB with Anticipatory Release Computation (ARC) to reduce pumping.
- Analog-modeled output distortion for serious attitude and vibe.
- All the detailed dynamic control – and it’s quick and easy.