Pianoteq 7 Standard Upgrade from Stage
Modeled Piano Plug-in with 40MB of Samples, EQ, Velocity Curves and Reverb, Piano Model Tweaking, Per Note Editing – Upgrade from Stage – VST, AU, RTAS, AAX, Standalone
- Make Offer
- Reviews (0)
- In Depth
Pianoteq 7 Standard offers unique powerful tools to enhance and modify the sound, such as changing the unison width, hammer hardness and string length. You can place up to 5 virtual microphones around the instrument and load external reverb impulse files. You can morph and layer instruments together. You can upgrade to the PRO version at any time. Pianoteq Standard comes with three instrument packs of your choice.
It also offers the very first physical model of Steinway’s groundbreaking new flagship instrument: the Model D Spirio|r. Based on recordings from the renowned Steinway Hall in New York, it provides the famous Steinway concert piano sound with superb musical expression.
Moreover, all piano models in Pianoteq have been refined by using a new string/soundboard modelling (double polarisation), bringing longer and more complex tones with a three-dimensional character.
- Selection Required: Select product options above before making new offer.
- Error: There was an error sending your offer, please try again. If this problem persists, please contact us.
Pianoteq is an award-winning virtual instrument which you can install on your computer (PC/Mac). It is available for Windows, macOS, and Linux, and will even run on some ARM-based boards such as the Raspberry Pi. It can be used both in standalone mode and as an instrument plug-in in VST, AAX, and AudioUnits hosts.
What makes Pianoteq superior to other virtual instruments is that the instruments are physically modelled and thus can simulate the playability and complex behaviour of real acoustic instruments. Because there are no samples, the file size is just a tiny fraction of that required by other virtual instruments, making Pianoteq perfect for any modern laptop.
We have collaborated with the best piano manufacturers in the world, Steinway & Sons, Steingraeber, Bechstein, Blüthner, Grotrian and Petrof, who all have approved the sound and playability of their physically modelled concert grand pianos available in Pianoteq.
This rich and diverse collection of virtual grand pianos will appeal to all musicians in search of the most famous piano sound signatures.
- Pianoteq is a physically modelled virtual instrument
- Optional instruments for purchase: grand pianos, upright piano, electric pianos, harp, vibraphones, clavinet, celesta and glockenspiel, xylophone and marimba, steelpans
- Free instruments: KIViR historical instruments collection, bells and carillons
- Unique adjustable physical parameters, such as unison width, octave stretching, hammer hardness, soundboard, string length, sympathetic resonance, duplex scale resonance *
- Morphing and layering instruments *
- Progressive variation of the timbre (uses all the 127 MIDI velocities)
- Control of the dynamics in timbre and volume
- Polyphonic Aftertouch (particularly interesting for the clavichord)
- Realistic sympathetic resonances, including duplex scale
- Microtuning, supports Scala format *
- Adjustable mechanical noises (sampled or modelled)
- Built-in graphic equalizer
- Built-in graphic curve for key velocity, note-off and pedal
- Keyboard calibration assistant
- Ten types of pedals (that can be assigned to the four UI pedals): Sustain, Soft, Harmonic, Sostenuto, Super Sostenuto, Rattle, Buff Stop, Celeste, Pinch Harmonic, Glissando
- Progressive sustain pedal, allowing partial-pedal effects
- Convolution reverberations
- Effects: Tremolo, Wah, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Fuzz, Delay, Amp, Compressor, Mini-eq.
- Mallet bounce (note repetition)
- Instrument condition (mint to worn)
- Variable lid position *
- Five adjustable microphones *
- Multi channel – up to 5 channels *
- No quantization noise (32-bit internal computation)
- Renders high resolution MIDI formats CC#88 and Disklavier XP.
- Installs and loads in seconds
- Extremely small file size (less than 50 MB)
- Excellent for use on modern laptops
- Extended key range (105 keys = 8+2/3 octaves) for the grand pianos Steinway D and K2
- 64-bit host / operating system
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later, Windows 7 or later, Linux (x86 and ARM)
What’s new in version 7
The instruments XyloHarp, VibraDrum or GlockenTines certainly do not exist. These are however three of the many instruments you can create with the acoustic Morphing introduced in Pianoteq 7 (Standard/PRO). This innovative technology handles the morphing at the physical modelling level, providing stunning acoustic authenticity to instruments that never existed.
On popular demand, Modartt adds a new layering feature in Pianoteq 7 (Standard/PRO) allowing to mix several instruments, e.g. playing Bass Marimba in the low range, Xylophone in the upper range and mixing both together in the middle range. The difference between Morphing and Layering is that in the latter the two sounds are mixed together, whereas in Morphing the instrument Physics itself is being morphed.
Refined physical model
Modartt introduces a new refinement in its physical model: the double polarization. It consists in modelling string vibrations that can take any direction, e.g. parallel or perpendicular to the soundboard. The new physical model allows more complex tones to be produced, and as observed by a pianist, the sound becomes “three-dimensional”. It also allows longer sustain, particularly in the bass range, with notes lasting up to a couple of minutes, just like on a real acoustic piano. All pianos in Pianoteq 7 are constructed and revoiced using this new physical model.
New grand piano modelled after a New York Steinway Model D
In collaboration with Steinway & Sons, Modartt has recorded a beautiful new Model D Concert Grand at the famous New York Steinway Hall. The reference piano was the very first produced of Steinway’s groundbreaking new flagship instrument — the Model D Spirio|r, and has been used by some of the most famous pianists in the world today. The new New York Steinway Model D for Pianoteq accompanies the existing Hamburg Steinway D and provides the famous Steinway concert piano sound with superb musical expression.