De-esser Plug-in with Wide Band or Linear-Phase Split Band Processing – Mac/PC, VST, VST3, AU, AAX Native and AudioSuite
- Reviews (0)
- Make Offer
Even when using the best mics, pre-amps and converters, sibilance in vocal recordings can easily get over-accentuated during post-processing like compression or saturation. But don’t worry, FabFilter Pro-DS comes to the rescue!
De-essing is a necessary tool in a mix engineer’s arsenal. Sibilants have a tendency to wreak havoc an an otherwise-excellent vocal track, making our lives as engineers much more difficult. However, de-essing itself can also tend to have negative consequences when used improperly – which, depending on how much experience you have in this department, is an easy trap to fall into. The Pro-DS from our friends over at FabFilter makes it easier than ever to get high-quality de-essing without compromising any other part of your audio track. And it done so with style and aplomb.
This plug-in has a lot more going for it than your average de-esser. Like all of the other FabFilter plug-ins, it looks fantastic. The visual display uses different colors to differentiate the processed audio from the unprocessed audio, and makes it incredibly easy to set the plug-in threshold exactly where it needs to be. This was one of the things that we here at www.recordingsoftware.com found most useful; you don’t have to fiddle with this plug-in for too long in order to get great results. The high and low pass sidechain filters can be used to isolate the frequency range that needs processing, and the Audition Trigger lets you hear only the frequencies being processed. These help you further refine the effect and dial in a precise setting that doesn’t negatively affect your entire signal.
The plug-in has two primary sibilant detection modes: “Single Vocal” is specifically engineered for precise sibilant detection, making it the natural choice for your traditional de-essing effect. But the “Allround” detection can be used not only for vocals, but for some interesting compression and limiting on other types of tracks, or even an entire drum bus or mix. The Split Band feature makes processing these other types of signals easier by letting the plug-in only process high frequencies, leaving the rest of your signal untouched. It can even be used for mastering by using these and other features.
And when dealing with stereo tracks, you can process normal stereo or use mid/side processing to make your sibilant reduction more transparent. It can also use a sidechain signal as reference. For instance, you could be using this plug-in on a distorted or otherwise affected vocal track, but use the clean vocal as a reference to dial in more precise de-essing settings. With additional features such as up to 4x oversampling to reduce aliasing, lookahead of up to 15 ms to help catch transients and sibliants, and MIDI learn functionality to map parameter controls to your control surface, you have a lot of cool features contained in here. The Pro-DS can easily be your go-to de-esser, as well as a unique and creative tool for processing all types of sounds. Check it out and see what it can do!
- De-essing software plug-in from FabFilter
- Highly intelligent ‘Single Vocal’ detection allows for precise sibilant detection in vocal tracks
- Classic ‘Allround’ detection allows for de-essing as well as transparent program-dependent compression/limiting
- Real-time de-essing display clearly shows the affected parts of processed audio, using different colors to highlight processed and unprocessed audio, making it easy to choose a good Threshold value
- Adjustable Threshold, Range and detection HP and LP filtering settings let you isolate the sibilant frequencies that you want to process
- Wide Band or linear-phase Split Band processing gives you the choice between gain reduction of entire signal, or reduction of high frequencies only
- Optional look-ahead time up to 15 ms helps ensure that Pro-DS catches transients and sibilants
- Stereo and mono plug-ins available
- Freely adjustable stereo linking, with optional mid-only or side-only processing, gives you lots of flexibility in dealing with stereo signals
- Up to four times linear-phase oversampling helps reduce aliasing
- Side-chain functionality, with additional sidechain input meter, lets you use a sidechain signal as your reference; great for dealing with already-processed signals
- Real-time spectrum analyzer built into the HP/LP filter controller makes it super easy to find your problematic frequencies
- Additional Input and Output gain control knobs
- GPU-powered graphics acceleration
- High-quality 64-bit internal processing
- Double-click text entry of parameter values
- Large and compact interface sizes let you optimize for your monitor/display
- Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces
- MIDI Learn functionality lets you control and automate parameters with your MIDI controller
- Undo/redo and A/B comparison make it easy to fix mistakes and compare settings
- Smart Parameter Interpolation reduce pops and zipper noises
- Sample-accurate automation of all parameters
- Extensive help file with interactive help hints
- 64-bit: Windows 10, 8, 7 or Vista
- 32-bit: Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP
- VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
Mac OS X
- OS X 10.6 or higher
- AU or VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
- Intel processor
- Selection Required: Select product options above before making new offer.
- Error: There was an error sending your offer, please try again. If this problem persists, please contact us.