Arturia Pigments 3 Polychrome Synthesizer
Synthesizer with analog and wavetable oscillators, 18 FX algorithms, polyrhythmic sequencer/arpeggiator and Jup-8 V’s resonant low pass filter – Mac/PC,VST, AU, RTAS, AAX
- Reviews (0)
- In Depth
Pigments 3 is a state-of-the-art software instrument that gives you the power of every shade of synthesis. With colorful sound engines, effortless modulation, professional utilities, and studio-grade FX, explore an infinite spectrum of sound.
Celebrating Pigments 3
To introduce the latest colorful edition of Pigments, we’re presenting a selection of generous introductory offers
For existing users,
you can enjoy this update for free. In addition, you can purchase the exclusive 500-preset Spectrum Sound Pack available for 19$/€ during the introductory period.
If you’re new to Pigments,
you can buy the latest version 50% off, or more. We’ll include the Spectrum Sound Pack at no additional costWhat’s new in Pigments 3
Pigments has evolved to be bigger, bolder, and more versatile than ever, blurring the lines between timbres and pushing sound design into vivid new territory.
- Harmonic oscillator for expressive & beautiful additive synthesis
- Third Utility engine to add depth & color to any sound
- 64 new wavetables for metallic, aggressive timbres
- 4 x new FX including Pitch Shift Delay & Flanger BL-20
- Jup-8 V’s iconic resonant low pass filter
- Enhanced filter & FX routing
- New in-app tutorials
- 200 new preset sounds
An infinite spectrum of sound
Pigments 3 raises the bar for VST instruments, surpassing the capabilities of premium hardware synths and plugins alike, making your wildest sonic fantasy a full-color reality. Effortlessly build, animate, customize, and refine complex patches unlike anything you’ve ever heard.
- Sound Engines – Combine any 2 out of 4 sound engines for your own custom timbres
- Utility Engine – An extra oscillator & up to 2 layers of sampled noise for sonic depth
- Dual filters – Choose any 2 out of 10 filter types, with advanced routing
- Professional FX – Enjoy 18 stunning FX algorithms, from vintage to cutting-edge
- Massive modulation – Modulate anything with anything, with a simple click-and-drag
- Powerful sequencing – Sequence & arpeggiate with advanced randomization, scale quantization, and polyrhythms
- Easy-to-use interface – Color-coded 3-panel design with real-time visual feedback
- Preset library – 1200 presets, spanning every genre, crafted by elite sound designers and producers
Create any sound
Whatever sound you need, Pigments can take you there.
From bright nylon-like plucks to the fattest wavetable sounds, dark hip hop & trap bass to creeping film soundtrack ambience, Pigments is your blank sonic canvas. Combine any pair from a selection of 4 state-of-the-art sound engines, and layer them with deep sub bass and a sprinkling of sampled noise for instant access to every texture, timbre, and color.
Cutting-edge additive synthesis that lets you forge curious & tangible timbres from scratch, from plastic tubular resonance to evolving vowel-like swells – in vivid harmonic detail.
Animate, distort, or morph through over 160 wavetables, bringing a vast spectrum of breathy, glassy, and abrasive digital sounds. Perfect for everything from roof-raising bass music to hyperpop toplines.
Virtual analog engine
Energize your mix with coveted analog warmth and irresistible vintage charm, inspired by the greatest synths ever made, courtesy of our award-winning analog emulation technology.
Sample & granular engine
Browse hundreds of instrument samples and loops, import your own, and transform them into genre-defying granular patches. Warp, contort, stretch, and modulate samples down to the finest detail.
Used in conjunction with Pigments’ dual sound engines, the Utility engine lets you add an extra oscillator to the mix, complemented by 2 noise sample players, ensuring that your sound always has the depth and detail it deserves.
Any parameter tweak or expression is just a colorful click away. Shape, animate, and elevate your sound until it’s entirely your own with instant patch modulation, the best classic & modern filters, and stunning studio-grade FX.
Modulation is the beating heart of Pigments’ living sound. Instantly access dozens of modulation sources, from keyboard velocity to random generators, and assign them to any parameter with a single click – create your own complex patch in minutes.
Route your sound through dual filters, with 10 filter types to choose from – ranging from vintage synth VCF emulations to modern dance anthem high pass curves.
The ultimate final touch. Create your own unique chain of FX with twin insert buses and a send bus, and a curated selection of 18 classic, creative, or modern algorithms – from pitch shifting delay to an essential multiband compressor.
Pigments doesn’t just make amazing sounds and inspiring synth presets – it makes music.
The advanced sequencing section lets you weave beautiful melodies, catchy motifs, and entire arrangements without ever leaving Pigments. Need a dose of inspiration? Experiment with powerful arpeggiation, scale quantization, and smart randomization that’ll get you back on the creative path in no time. On the Seq page, everything is laid out simply in front of you. Watch your sequence as it plays, and make adjustments to notes, octaves, velocity, and more with a simple click and drag.
1 Polyrhythmic sequencing
Create cyclical melodies with pitch, dynamic, and expression variations that follow different rhythmic meters.
Transform a chord or any selection of notes into a pulsing animated progression, perfect for adding instant movement to your mix.
3 Scale quantization
Limit your note choice to 1 of 15 scales, including a custom scale, so that Pigments never plays a wrong note.
4 Advanced random sequence generator
Take a musical leap of faith and dial varying degrees of randomization into every aspect of your sequence – from pitch to portamento.
The Sound Store
Expand Pigments’ library with Sound Banks, released monthly, for an extra dose of inspiration. Curate your own sonic palette with presets based on genres, instrument types, and even your favorite artists.
Spectrum Sound Pack
To celebrate the launch of Pigments 3, we created a collection of 5 sound banks, each one including 100 presets and channeling its own distinct sonic character. Every patch in the Spectrum Sound Pack has been fine-tuned to maximize Pigments’ latest enhancements, from the additive Harmonic engine to the dazzling Pitch Shift Delay.
Red-hot modern bass spanning wavetable, additive, and hard-edged FM sounds.
Crystalline pads, glassy textures, and bell-like resonance brimming with harmonic detail.
Expressive timbres inspired by pianos, organs, vintage synths – keys unlocked.
Layered ambiences, from granular flickers to angelic choir pads to evolving additive patches.
Tension, time, and texture – sequences, percussion, and SFX to keep your mix moving.
Integrated in-app tutorials guide you through every aspect of the instrument, from individual parameters to tips from our sound designers, so you can focus on the creative stuff. It shouldn’t be this easy, but it is!
Arturia Software Center lets you download, organize, and update all of your Arturia software titles in one place, as well as manage all of your licenses across multiple devices. Keep it simple.
Our virtual instruments and plugins are designed to fit right into your setup without hassle. Whatever your style, you can explore sound while enjoying full compatibility with major DAWS, on both Windows and MacOS.
Instantly find the sound that’s in your head with intelligent & streamlined preset browsing. Search with keywords, explore by instrument type, musical style, and more – you can even save your favorites to quickly recall later.
Whether you want the full visual immersion of our classic instrument emulations, or to save precious screen real estate, the interfaces for all of your Arturia virtual instruments can be resized to a scale that suits you.
Instruments come seamlessly mapped for the Arturia KeyLab range – but they’ll place nice with other MIDI controllers too. Instant sound tweaking macros, easy DAW integration, and standalone operation.
- Two engines in parallel with a choice of:
- Virtual Analog triple osc engine
- Complex Wavetable engine (including over 160 wavetables)
- Sample & Granular engine (including sample library)
- Harmonic Oscillator additive engine
- Third Utility engine
- Analog-style oscillator layer with 5 waveforms and 6-octave range
- Dual noise sample players with built-in sample library
- Visual interface with color-coded modules and graphical feedback
- Dual filters with continuous series/parallel routing
- Classic filter types from V Collection instruments
- Modern filter types
- Powerful FX section
- Insert or Send routing
- Modulable parameters
- 18 FX algorithms, from vintage to cutting-edge
- Advanced modulation system
- Graphical editing, source-based or destination-based.
- Envelopes, LFOs, Function generators, Random src, …
- Extensive, ever-growing library of 1200 presets
- Polyrhythmic Sequencer and Arpeggiator
- Create complex, custom and evolving sequences/arps